For the cake:
- 240g vegan margarine
- 200g brown sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- water from one can of chickpeas
- 300g flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
For the icing:
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- unicorn sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 170 deg C or gas mark 3.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Mix in approximately a third of the chickpea water, along with 3 tbsp of the flour, and repeat until all the chickpea water is incorporated.
- Gently mix in the rest of the flour and the baking powder.
- Mix in the lemon juice and the poppy seeds.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin, and bake for around an hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice until it forms a thick paste, and spread it over the cake.
- Go wild with the unicorn sprinkles and enjoy!